Job Opening: Children’s Ministry Coordinator
University Congregational United Church of Christ is a large, dynamic, progressive church in the University District of Seattle, WA. We are seeking a Children’s Ministry Coordinator to engage and support the spiritual growth of our children, birth – 5th grade, and their families. To apply, email a resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Type: Part Time (24 hours/week)
Pay: $26,000/year, salaried
Benefits: Paid vacation and sick days; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance; eligible after 1 year for participation in UCUCC’s annuity plan
Supervisor: Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministries
Start date: November 2021
Schedule: Flexible as dictated by the needs of the job, which will include some evenings and weekends and Sunday mornings.
Qualifications: 3-5 years’ experience with children, early childhood education, and/or church ministry. Our Whole Lives facilitator certification preferred.
Nurture faithful relationships with all children and families of University Congregational UCC, actively engaging in their lives and spiritual development. Identify ways to strengthen and enrich the education and experience of children in our church. Develop, implement, and oversee programming for children and families.
- Develop faith formation programming and worship experiences for children, in collaboration with UCUCC’s Minister for Worship & Christian Formation (MWCF) and the Director of Children Youth and Family Ministries (DCYF)
- Serve as the staff liaison for Children’s Ministry Committee (CM)
- Work cooperatively with CM, pastors, and staff to identify and accomplish the short- and long-term goals of the committee and church
- Assist with planning and leading family and intergenerational activities, retreats, and camps including planning and attending Seabeck All-Church Camp each July
- Recruit and supervise teachers, nursery care providers and substitutes; provide teacher training and curriculum
- Be available on Sunday morning to ensure smooth operation of Sunday School (gather attendance, welcome new families, assist teachers as needed, address discipline issues, substitute teach, etc.)
- Support UCUCC’s Our Whole Lives; Sexuality and Our Faith classes
- Keep leaders and parents informed of information via email, phone (call & text) & social media. Provide information to congregation via printed worship announcements, newsletters, articles, bulletin boards and website
- Plan and coordinate nursery coverage, childcare for church events, and activities for summer months
- Attend bi-monthly staff meetings and monthly Christian Formation Ministry meetings.
- Provide timely information and feedback regarding church school programs, events, and priorities
- Purchase necessary books and supplies
- Manage and record all expenditures within approved budget and keep detailed records; work with CM Committee to maintain budget and prepare future budget requests
- Maintain attendance records and monitor/review class sizes, track event registration and logistics
- Work with office staff to maintain database of parent/child contact information and calendar of events
- Keep screening forms and safer church forms current and on file
UCUCC is a Christian organization and (program) employees are expected to support the teachings of the church. We encourage people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
University Congregational UCC ~ www.universityucc.org ~ 4515 16 Ave NE, Seattle WA 98105 ~ 206/524-2322