Job Opening: Youth Ministry Intern
University Congregational United Church of Christ is a large, dynamic, progressive church in the University District of Seattle, WA. We are seeking a Youth Ministry Intern to support our Christian Formation Ministry. For more on UCUCC, visit our website www.universityucc.org
Position Type: Part Time (10 hours/week)
Start date: November 2021
Weekly Schedule: Sunday mornings from 8:30 am – 12:00 pm from September to June, other hours flexible as dictated by the needs of the job, which may include some evenings and weekends
Job requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age, be available for a full year
Reports to: Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministries
Supervising Pastor: Minister of Christian Formation
About this position:
This position offers an opportunity to learn and practice youth ministry leadership in a safe and nurturing environment. The expectations of this role are a mix of administrative and direct leadership with youth and families.
- Support the Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries in the development and implementation of programming for our Christian Formation Ministry.
- Help plan and coordinate Youth Ministry Events, including administration of events and supporting youth and families with registration.
- Possibly assist in leadership of the Youth Group; support the spiritual development of our middle schoolers and their families.
- Work with teachers and youth program volunteers to make sure they have what they need for their events.
- Administrative support:
- Promote UCUC’s Christian Formation ministry programs and events through UCUCC’s existing communication channels (emails, newsletters, text and more).
- Possibly help with organizing the rooms/materials to make things more accessible for leaders.
- Other admin work to support our events and ministry as a whole.
- Manage UCUCC’s Youth Ministry social media accounts.
- Contribute to fostering a safe and welcoming environment for LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC youth.
- Follow all UCUCC Safer Church policies and help ensure they are integrated into all aspects of programming.
- Demonstrate appropriate boundaries in life, relationships, and ministry.
UCUCC is a Christian organization and (program) employees are expected to support the teachings of the church. We encourage people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
University UCC ~ www.universityucc.org ~ 4515 16 Ave NE, Seattle WA 98105 ~ 206/524-2322