Job Description: Assist with various office tasks and functions to ensure office operations run smoothly; coordinate various church email, print, and social media communications. Tasks include but are not limited to: keep church calendar up to date, schedule Zoom meetings for staff and lay leaders, respond to emails and check church voicemail, print and supervise church mailings, oversee church social media presence, coordinate email and print communications including weekly emails, monthly newsletter, and worship announcements.
Skills needed: highly organized, detail oriented, good customer service skills, strong communicator, highly motivated, ability to work well without supervision, excellent time management. Candidates proficient with Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Publisher, social media platforms, graphic design, and copy-editing preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule meetings and events on UCUCC Zoom accounts, ensure no overlap of Zoom accounts, send meeting reminders and share training/tutorial information with lay leaders
- Schedule building use, communicate Covid-19 guidelines, coordinate with Facilities team for setup
- Update calendar with events and meeting information
- Check church voicemail and route messages
- Present calendar of church events at All Staff Meeting
- Maintain office and other church supplies
- Track pledge data from call list responses – seasonal
- Schedule social media posts for Facebook, monitor Facebook inbox
- Respond to emails; route questions to the appropriate people
- Create weekly all-church emails
- Create and print monthly all-church newsletter
- Update website with announcements and articles
- Create weekly worship announcement slides
- Print and prepare church publications and mailings
- Support office volunteers (post-pandemic)
- Interface with members during office hours, answer phones and in-person questions
Hours: 30 hours per week, up to 35 hours per week for special projects.
Schedule: In the office Thursday 10:30 am – 4:00 pm and Sunday 8:30 am – 12:00 pm. Other hours flexible and can accommodate either working from home or from the office.
Compensation: $17.50/hour plus full medical and dental benefits, up to 8 sick days in the first year (accrued monthly), 12 paid holidays, and an additional 4 paid vacation days in the first year.
University Congregational United Church of Christ is an Open and Affirming congregation, and encourages applicants of all gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ability, and religious background to apply. UCUCC is a progressive church with a building in the University District and a congregation who is meeting both online and in person as we emerge from the pandemic. We are walking together on God’s transformative adventure, following the path of love and justice as revealed to us by Jesus. All are welcome at UCUCC, whether, on any given day, you are believing, seeking or doubting. For more about our values, see our website https://www.universityucc.org/who-we-are/ or our Facebook page.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to Kyna Shilling, Director of Finance and Operations at: email@example.com
University UCC ~ www.universityucc.org ~ 4515 16 Ave NE, Seattle WA 98105 ~ 206/524-2322