Seeking prophetic, effective, collaborative partner in team ministry
University Congregational United Church of Christ (UCUCC) in Seattle is seeking candidates for the permanent, full-time position of Minister of Worship and Christian Formation (MWCF) within our framework of team ministry.
As a church, our vision is to walk together on God’s transformative adventure, following a path of love and justice as revealed to us by Jesus. We aspire to be a place of vibrant Christian worship, nurturing community, and imaginative spiritual growth, where each congregation member lives out God’s call to advance God’s kin-dom.
We are engaged in numerous social justice activities including anti-racism work, assistance to those who are hungry or without homes, environmental justice, and service to each other and the wider world. To attain this vision we seek prophetic, effective, and collaborative pastoral leadership; a committed congregation; and the active presence of the Holy Spirit in our midst.
We are an active community of more than 770 members, with average Sunday attendance (when we met in person) of 275. A full description of our church and the position can be found in our University UCC Local Church Profile,
Additional on-line resources
Our church has three co-equal pastors in a team ministry. Together the three ministers make up the Leadership Team. The position that is the subject of this search is the Minister of Worship and Christian Formation.
All members of the Leadership Team, including the Minister of Worship and Christian Formation, share certain duties, including:
- Conducting worship and preaching (equally divided among the three ministers)
- Supporting the lay leadership of the church
- Pastoral care
The Minister of Worship and Christian Formation also has duties that are specific to their position, including:
- Leading the planning and organization of worship and music, including managing the production of online worship (done with the support of lay volunteers, the Director of Music, and/or contract staff)
- Planning and administration of the Christian formation programs for all ages.
- Direct supervision of program staff for worship and Christian formation.
Desired experience and abilities
- Prefer at least five years of experience in parish ministry or equivalent work, life or educational experience
- Solid understanding of progressive theology
- Excellent preaching
- Collaborative approach to ministry, suitable for team ministry
- Experience in planning worship
- Experience in administering Christian formation (Christian education)
Compensation will range from $69,000 to $98,000 per year depending upon education and experience.
Further information and how to apply
University UCC seeks a new parner for its team of three co-equal ministers